Privacy Notice – Staff
Freedom Care and Support
On the 25th May 2018 new rules about the protection of personal data came into force, known as
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The new rules updated the previous Data Protection law. We have always taken care with your
personal data to ensure that records are accurate and confidential.
This document summarises the information we hold about you, what we do with the information,
who we share it with and how long we will keep the information. The document also explains your
rights you have with respect to this information.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you so that we can employ you and meet the legal obligations required as an employer.
We receive information from you, we also receive information about you from other individuals or organisations, such as when you are applying for a job.
What do we use your information for?
We process your information in order to;
- Undertake employment screening
- Manage day to day issues such as supervision, appraisal and capability
- Ensure training is completed
- Manage your pay, pension and other contractual obligations
We process your personal data in order to meet our obligations as an employer.
There may be occasions when we process information to comply with a court order, coroner’s
instruction or to comply with the law. We will only do this is there is a legal obligation to do so.
If we wish to process your information for other reasons, not listed above, we will ask you consent
before we do so.
Who do we share the information with?
We may need to share your information with external organisations such as ;
- Payroll provider
- Regulators, such as the Care Quality Commission
- Government departments, such as the Department of Health and Social Care
- Disclosure to solicitors, to the police and the courts
We will not share your information for marketing, social media or other purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for seven years after you leave your employment with us.
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data ;
- Right to request a copy of your personal data
- Right to request we correct any data if it is found to be out of date or incorrect
- Right to have your personal data erased when it is no longer necessary to be retained
- Right to withdraw any consent you have previously given
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner
If you need any further information please contact our data protection officer, Vanessa Harris on
01282 686600 or email Vanessa.email@example.com.