Privacy Notice – Service user
Freedom Care and Support
On the 25th May 2018 new rules about the protection of personal data came into force, known as
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The new rules updated the previous Data Protection law. We have always taken care with your
personal data to ensure that records are accurate and confidential.
This document summarises the information we hold about you, what we do with the information,
who we share it with and how long we will keep the information. The document also explains your
rights you have with respect to this information.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect about you to write your support plan and to meet the requirements of the Regulator and
We collect this information from you and from other individuals or organisation, such as the Local
We need enough information to be able to provide a safe person-centred service.
What do we use your information for?
We process your information in order to;
- Provide support to you
- Train the staff who will support you
- Manage any complaints
- Make sure that we are paid to provide the support we provide to you
We process your personal data in order to deliver support to you.
There may be occasions when we process information to comply with a court order, coroner’s
instruction or to comply with the law. We will only do this is there is a legal obligation to do so.
If we wish to process your information for other reasons, not listed above, we will ask you consent
before we do so.
Who do we share the information with?
We may need to share your information with external organisations such as ;
- Partner organisations who contribute to your care e.g. social services, GPs or hospitals
- Carers or guardians
- Regulators, such as the Care Quality Commission
- Government departments, such as the Department of Health and Social Care
- Disclosure to solicitors, to the police and the courts
We will not share your information for marketing, social media or other purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information in accordance with the NHS Records Management Code of Practice 2016, this is usually eight years after we stop providing your support
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data;
- Right to request a copy of your personal data
- Right to request we correct any data if it is found to be out of date or incorrect
- Right to have your personal data erased when it is no longer necessary to be retained
- Right to withdraw any consent you have previously given
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner
If you need any further information please contact our data protection officer, Vanessa Harris on 01282 686600 or email Vanessa.email@example.com